Weather will play a major role in the late April rocketry event. If the fire season is declared early, we will have to take precautions including the possibility of postponing our event if the fire risk is deemed high. Right now we will proceed as planned for the April 30th rocketry event held at Allandale if students are ready. Please keep yourselves up to date with the fire rating conditions by following the links below. The fire hazard rating is currently low risk in the Colwood area.
AeroTech Consumer Aerospace rocket motors can produce spectacular effects that have been seen in many Hollywood feature films. Below is an ordering page that will be done for your group. Follow the link below and choose your effect. Note: Once the order has been placed it cannot be resubmitted.
Please check out the links below regarding Applied Skills – Applied Tech & wood working. We will be continuing on with safety as a part of our requirements and working on various kinds of project planning. In all Grades WHMIS 2015 training is an essental part to safety. All students must be aware of chemical hazards in the shop due to the use of solvents and adhesives. Safety discussions and demos will be comprehensive and made as explictly clear as possible. The object is to educate and be preventative. Some images may be upsetting for our younger audiences but it is the reality of an Industrial work place and part of a legal process that must be completed in accordence with The Ministry of Education and WorkSafe BC.
- Grade 6 – Heads Up for Safety (basic overview – hand tools only)
- Grade 7 – Heads Up for Safety (Intermediate overview w/ tools section)
- Grade 8 – Heads Up for Safety (Advanced overview w/ worksafe power tool demos)
Course Information for the upcoming school year is posted below.
- Applied Skills and Technology 6 – 8 – outline document (Adobe PDF, 10 MB)
- Parent letter regarding projects and materials – parent letter (Adobe PDF, 565 kB)
- shop safety manual (comprehensive) (credit to SD71) (Adobe PDF, 3.8 MB)
- mid power rocketry unit (parent information) (Adobe PDF, 1.5 MB)